|White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 pounds
- 1 1/2 tsp. plus 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow crème
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candy
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 ½ teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow crème until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe