Recipe Type: Main Dish
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg beaten
- 1-1/2 cup (12 oz.) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese; set aside. Spread a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese blend, tortillas, cottage cheese mixture and remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover, bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe