- 12 ounces pasta (spaghetti, bow tie or linguini)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- 1 pound peeled, deveined, shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Boil pasta as package directs. Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add garlic cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp, scallions, salt and pepper cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat stir in lemon zest, juice and parsley. Drain pasta serve with shrimp.
* I usually omit lemon zest
* I use Lawry’s garlic salt and sprinkle some on for added flavor.
* If using pre-cooked, frozen shrimp, just thaw in cold water for 5-10 minutes. Then add to butter mixture and cook just until hot (they are already pink).